The organizers of the 3rd Global Conference on Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security and Climate Change are pleased to launch a call for poster presentations for the 3rd Global Conference on Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security and Climate Change.
Conference themes are the following:
- Challenges to food and nutrition security in the face of climate change;
- Realities – best practices for improving food production in the era of climate change;
- Understanding the necessities of science, finance and policy to facilitate action in building resilience to climate change; and
- Addressing the constraints to agricultural productivity and food security in the era of climate change.
The 3rd Global Conference follows the first and second Global conferences which were held in 2010 and 2012 in The Netherlands and Viet Nam, respectively. Due to their global scope, the Global International Conferences offer a unique opportunity for networking, sharing of experiences and expertise and creating new partnerships with colleagues from around the world.
If you are working on various aspects of how agriculture, food and nutrition security are/will be affected by climate change and how agriculture contributes to the climate change problem, then this is the opportunity to share your experience with the global audience. The Conference will be attended by more than 200 global leaders and professionals.
Presenting a Poster provides an opportunity to:
- Promote your work and activities to an engaged audience;
- Personally contribute to the conference debates;
- Be involved in a movement bigger than this Conference as one of the overriding objective of the 3rd Global Conference is to promote a global climate-smart agriculture alliance.
The language medium for poster presentations is English and posters should be prepared in line with the following guidelines:
- Orientation must be A0 Portrait only (841 x 1189 mm). Posters are not intended as commercial sites and thus must be aligned with the themes of the 3rd Global Conference with use of commercial logos kept to a minimum.
- Copies of the poster (A4 format) are allowed as hand-outs but distribution of commercial promotional material is discouraged. Material to affix posters to the poster display boards will be provided at the conference venue.
- Use 96 point Arial Bold for the title of the poster and 72 point Arial for authors and affiliations. Use capital letters for the Title. Begin authors on a separate line from the title with their affiliations a line below that.
- Underline the name of the person presenting the poster. Centre the Title, Authors and affiliations.
- Use 30 to 36 point Arial Bold capitals for section headings. Use 24 to 30 point Arial for regular text. Review the readability of your poster by using a viewing distance of approximately 1.8 m. Authors of posters are advised to use headings such as Summary, Introduction, Objectives, Discussions and Conclusion.
- Tables and Figures must be large enough to be viewed easily from 1.8 m, and must include legends and headings.
Submission of poster registration form: 18th November 2013
Full poster submission: On site, during the Conference
Please note that you must submit your poster registration form as part of your delegate registration process. You will not have another opportunity to register your intent to submit a poster at the Conference.